- 1 4 Days Erg Chegaga Desert Tour from Marrakech
- 2 Highlights of the 4 Days Erg Chegaga Desert Tour from Marrakech
- 2.1 4 Days Marrakech to erg chegaga tour Schedule
- 2.2 Included in the Marrakech to erg chegaga tour:
- 2.3 Not included in Marrakech to erg chegaga tour :
4 Days Erg Chegaga Desert Tour from Marrakech
Morocco Sahara desert from Marrakech to Erg Chegaga tour via Zagora, Mhamid, and Foum Zguid is for serious desert enthusiasts who enjoy the solitude and magnificence of the desert to forget about their frantic city lives!
If you have the leisure, you can extend your desert excursion from Marrakech to Erg Chegaga to 5 days.
Highlights of the 4 Days Erg Chegaga Desert Tour from Marrakech
- Cross the Tizi Ntichka pass and the High Atlas Mountains.
- Visit Ait Ben Haddou, a Berber village featuring a UNESCO World Heritage Kasbah.
- Drive into the Draa Valley, past Berber walled Kasbahs.
- In Erg Chigaga, ride a camel and enjoy the sunset.
- Spend the night at your Sahara desert tent, which is located in the midst of nowhere.
- Take a picturesque trip through Iriqui’s salt-dry lake and meet authentic Berber nomads.
4 Days Marrakech to erg chegaga tour Schedule
Day 1: Marrakech – High Atlas – Draa Valley – Zagora
Begin your excursion from Marrakech to Erg Chegaga and Depart early in the morning from your Marrakech riad/hotel and travel through the High Atlas Mountains via the Tichka Pass (2260 m) – Morocco’s highest road pass offering spectacular panoramic views of the mountains and valleys with a snaky road, beautiful landscapes with different colors, and Berber villages along the way. Along the trip, stop at a few kasbahs. including Tamnougalte and Ait Benhaddou Ait Benhaddou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site from the 16th century, is one of Morocco’s best-preserved and most magnificent kasbahs. A popular location for Hollywood films, Ait Benhaddou was utilized in the 2000 blockbuster picture Gladiator. The journey continues along the palm-lined valley of the Draa river. The arrival at Zagora.
Day 2: Zagora – Mhamid – Off-Road – Erg Chegaga Desert
We will have ample time after breakfast to explore Zagora and its surrounds, particularly the Jewish district in Amzerou and the palm orchards. Following that, we continue our journey towards the Sahara Desert’s entrance (Mhamid). We stop in Tamgroute, the original town of the 16th-century dynasty (Saadian), to tour an antique Coran library and a subterranean kasbah. We arrive in Mhamid, the end point of the Draa valley and civilization. Lunch in a traditional Moroccan restaurant. After lunch, we’ll take the off-road route to Erg Chegaga Desert. When you arrive, you will ride camels to watch the sunset. Night and dinner at the out-of-the-way camp.
Day 3: Erg Chegaga Desert – Iriki Lake – Foum Zguid – Taznakht – Ait Ben Haddou
After breakfast, we drive through the natural dried lake of Iriqui and the plains of black stones, we will take again the asphalted road in direction of the small town of Foum Zguid, arrive at Taznakht which is one of the biggest centers of carpets in the kingdom where we will visit a cooperative of Berber carpets made by women of the surrounding villages. Return to Ait Ben Hadou Kasbah, a fortified village of the 11th century where we will spend the night.
Day 4: Ait Ben Haddou – Ounilla Valley – Telouet Kasbah – Marrakech
After breakfast, we will visit the Unesco World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, which was designated in 1987. Ait Benhaddou is a UNESCO World Heritage site that has served as the backdrop for more than 20 films, including “Gladiator,” “Indiana Jones,” and “Lawrence of Arabia.” Enjoy a stroll to learn about the common Moroccan method of construction modeling used to build Kasbahs. We continue on our way to Marrakesh via the High Atlas Mountains and the Tizin’tichka crossing. Soften for lunch amid the Atlas Mountains’ heart. Drop off at your Marrakech riad…the end of your Marrakech to Erg Chegaga tour.
Included in the Marrakech to erg chegaga tour:
- Private A/C Vehicle, 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser + fuel
- English/French/Spanish speaking driver during the tour
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation
- 3 nights accommodation with dinner & breakfast
- Flexible and customized stops
- Free time to explore the cities, Breaks for photos,..Etc
Not included in Marrakech to erg chegaga tour :
- Entrance fees to monuments