- 1 Tour from Marrakech to Erg Chegaga Overview:
Tour from Marrakech to Erg Chegaga Overview:
The other Sahara dunes are Erg Chebbi dunes in Merzouga. Erg Chebbi dunes are more popular and reach a height of up to 150 meters in places and altogether span over an area of 50 kilometers. Hotels align on the edge of the desert, giving travelers the option of spending the night in the comfort of a traditional hotel room or in a luxury camp and then exploring the Merzouga desert and its surroundings by day.
Erg Chigaga Morocco desert tour 3 Days Itinerary:
Day 1: Marrakech – Ait Benhaddou – Draa Valley – Mhamid
We start our Chegaga 3 days Morocco desert tour with an air-conditioned 4×4 vehicle at 08:00 am from Marrakech. We cross the High Atlas Mountains- Tizi-n-Tichka Pass driving along a scenic and picturesque area to reach the world heritage site of Ait Benhaddou, Morocco’s most famous ksar ( ksar = old village of kasbahs). Lunch will be in Ouarzazate or Agdez. The trip goes through Draa Valley with its palm trees and old Kasbahs. A night with dinner will be either in a Hotel in Zagora or under the Tent.
Day 2: Zagora – Mhamid – Sacred Oasis – Erg Chigaga Dunes
After breakfast, our Erg Chigaga desert adventure continues through the palm groves of the Draa valley. After a short break in the panoramic view of Draa palmeraie, we will have a stop at Tamgroute to visit the famous Koranic library (Closed on national and religious holidays) and an underground Kasbah, we will continue to M’Hamid, a small village – the last town and the major Draa oasis before the big wasteland of Erg chegaga Sahara. Next, we continue our 3 days desert tour from Marrakech another 60 km off-road from M’hamid to Erg Chegaga dune. This largest group of Sahara dunes of the region reaches a height of 300 m and spans on the area of 40 km. Dinner and night in a Berber tent camp after a 40 minutes camel trek to enjoy the golden sunset of the desert.
Day 3: Erg Chigaga Dunes – Foum Zguid – Taznakht – Marrakech
After breakfast in Erg Chegaga Bivouac, departure with 4×4 via the old Paris – Dakar race road to Foum Zguid crossing the natural dry Iriqui lake, lunch break in the Berber village of Taznakht. We arrive at Marrakech in the late afternoon around 6 pm and you will be dropped off in your Riad.
- Private A/C Vehicle, 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser
- English/French/Spanish speaking driver during the tour
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation
- Overnight in Mhamid or Zagora in a local hotel
- Camel ride to watch the sunset on the big dunes (About 1 hour)
- Overnight in Chegaga camp: Private tents with shared washing facilities
- Dinner and breakfast are daily included
- Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Ben Haddou kasbah, Walks Breaks for photos,..Etc
- Local guide in Ait Ben Haddou
- Absolutely shopping free tour