3 Days Desert Tour from Marrakech Overview:
- Chigaga Erg The Sahara dunes are a considerably newer and less visited area.
- The Erg Chegaga dunes are located in the southeast of Marrakech, near the Algerian border, and are almost 60 kilometers from the nearest settlement of Mhamid.
- Here, the desert appears to be more vast and wild.
- Those who choose an Erg Chigaga desert excursion should be prepared for a more primitive experience, as there are no nearby hotels.
- Before reaching the Sahara dunes, this desert trek involves at least three days of travel through Ait Benhaddou, Draa valley palm orchards, and a rocky desert terrain.
The Erg Chegaga desert tour, a Sahara desert excursion that includes riding a camel, climbing Sahara dunes, running cinnamon-and-sugar sand grains through your fingers, admiring breathtaking views, and sleeping in tents or under the stars, is fascinating.
The Erg Chebbi dunes in Merzouga are the other Sahara dunes. The Erg Chebbi dunes, which may reach a height of up to 150 meters in some areas and cover a total area of 50 kilometers, are the most popular. The Merzouga desert and its surrounds are surrounded by hotels, providing visitors the choice of spending the night in a regular hotel room or a luxury camp and then exploring the Merzouga desert and its surroundings by day.
3 Days Desert Tour from Marrakech Itinerary:
Day 1: Marrakech – Ait Benhaddou – Draa Valley – Mhamid
- At 8:00 a.m., we depart from Marrakech in an air-conditioned 4×4 vehicle for our Chegaga 3 day Morocco desert tour.
- We drive across the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass in the High Atlas Mountains, passing through a gorgeous and picturesque area on our way to Ait Benhaddou,
- Morocco’s most famous ksar (ksar = old settlement of kasbahs). Lunch will be in Agdez or Ouarzazate.
- The journey passes via the Draa Valley, which is known for its palm trees and historic Kasbahs.
- A night in a hotel in Zagora or beneath the Tent will be spent with dinner.
Day 2: Zagora – Mhamid – Sacred Oasis – Erg Chigaga Dunes
- Our 3 Days Desert Tour from Marrakech begins after breakfast via the Draa valley’s palm orchards.
- Following a brew We will stop at Tamgroute to visit the famous Koranic library (closed on national and religious holidays) and an underground Kasbah
- continuing to M’Hamid, a little village – the last settlement and large Draa oasis before the huge wasteland of Erg chegaga Sahara.
- Following that, we continue our three-day desert excursion from Marrakech with a 60-kilometer off-road journey from M’hamid to the Erg Chegaga dune.
- This region’s largest clump of Sahara dunes reaches a height of 300 meters and covers 40 kilometers.
- After a 40-minute camel trek to see the desert’s brilliant sunset, spend the night in a Berber tent camp.
- end of the seconde day of your 3 Days Desert Tour from Marrakech.
Day 3: Erg Chigaga Dunes – Foum Zguid – Taznakht – Marrakech
- After breakfast in the Erg Chegaga Bivouac,
- continue with 444 for Foum Zguid,
- crossing the natural dry Iriqui lake and stopping for lunch in the Berber settlement of Taznakht
- . We arrive in Marrakech late in the afternoon, about 6 p.m., and you will be taken to your Riad.
- end of your 3 Days Desert Tour from Marrakech.
What´s Included in your 3 Days Desert Tour from Marrakech:
- Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD, private A/C vehicle
- During the tour, fuel an English/French/Spanish speaking driver.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your Marrakech hotel
- Spend the night in a local hotel in Mhamid or Zagora.
- Camel ride to the sand dunes to see the sunset (About 1 hour)
- Chegaga Camp Overnight: Tents with private bathrooms and common washing facilities
- Every day, dinner and breakfast are included.
- Free time to visit attractions such as the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou, take walks, take photos, etc.
- Sandboarding with a local guide at Ait Ben Haddou
- Tour includes no shopping.